musician | filmmaker
This is my story …
I began singing on the long bus rides between our city apartment and my grandparent’s village home. I was two years old with a stomach too delicate for the loud and diesel-smelling vehicle, the only way to avoid getting car sick was singing. Every weekend I serenaded the other travelers, most of whom made that trip regularly.
Around the same age I became interested in playing the piano. I started pretend-playing on every surface I could find. Four years later, my dream became reality. My dad, along with five of our neighbors hand carried a baby grand piano up eight flights of stairs to our tiny government-issued apartment. A small bed and MY piano were the only pieces of furniture in my room. I did my homework on the lid of the piano and dramatically narrated my make-belief stories underneath it. My first and longest standing friend and collaborator, we’re still going strong.
My first short film, “All Sales Final” emerged from my childhood play-pretend games. Like years ago, I came up with a story and put music to it; a black and white short film, shot by me on an Iphone 4 with an improvised piano score.
I am a story teller.
I don’t know how to be anything else. Although there was a time when I wanted to be an architect, right after I thought I’d become a surgeon or a foreign diplomat.
Just for Fun – Songs for the Little Ones (featured on Little Horses)
Just Begun (vocal production, harmonies)
Grandma’s House (ITunes)
Tomorrow is a Long Time (duet with Forest Sun)
Walk Through Walls. (harmonies, bonus tracks)
- Featured by CineWomen in their biannual publication on Outstanding Emerging Female Filmmakers of 2015.
- “All Sales Final” (2014) wins Best Short Film on a Smart Device at the Albuquerque Film and Music Experience and is also accepted by Asheville Cinema Festival, Chennai International Short Film Festival, Ahmadnagar International Short Film Festival, Tiburon International Film Festival and Ozark Shorts, Bernal Heights Cinema Festival (San Francisco, CA).
- “Transilvania Frumoasa” (Transylvania the Beautiful) premiers at the Nevada City Film Festival. Following screenings at Carson City Film Festival and Mountain Shadow Film Festival (Walnut Creek, CA).
- Advisory Board member for the Tallgrass Film Festival
- Resident of Filmhouse X in San Francisco, CA.